Monday, August 17, 2009

And all that Shiraz!

Quite note worthy (and taste worthy!) are the following reds: Shiraz One and Shiraz Two - both quite different styles.

Shiraz One
2008 Tar & Roses Shiraz, Heathcote

I enjoyed this Shiraz with a basic lasagne, one quiet Friday night at home. It's actually a slightly lighter style, floral Shiraz, with lots of those summer berry flavours. You could probably even enjoy it with a lighter dish, like lamb or duck. I picked it up for eighteen bucks in a hurry (not desperate, just hurried). I think you could find it cheaper if you shop around.

Shiraz Two
2007 Brown Hill Estate Chaffers Shiraz, Margaret River

One of our faithful vine donors also donated this bottle of Chaffers Shiraz to the JAM research team for comment. Only two of the JAM team were present to share it though (fortunately I was one of them). Enjoyed with a home made spaghetti bolognaise, this was more of your traditional Shiraz, very velvet, with quite an incense-spice to it. Lots of cedary oak and dark lusty flavours like chocolate and black cherry. More please! Thanks Mr T!
(I did a little internet search on this one and you can actually fetch it for $16 a bottle!)
Written by Jo Broom (c)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He Jojo,

Nice Post, I read it over a reasonable Rhone. I hope that we can catch up in December. Perhaps we can sample a few bottles together. Would you consider a temporary member of the JAM team?

Love your writing. Keep it up. I haven't heard from you on Twitter for a while now.

Love Mat (Canada)